Clay N. Hixson Engineering Endowment
Clay N. Hixson, through a sizable estate gift, has established a lasting legacy in the College of Engineering at Tennessee Tech. Born on a rural Bledsoe County farm, Mr. Hixson joined the U.S. Navy after high school. After serving his country, he entered Tennessee Tech in 1950 as an electrical engineering major. Shortly after graduating in 1953, he went to work for the Tennessee Valley Authority, where he spent 30 years as an engineer. After retiring in 1983, Mr. Hixson enjoyed gardening and traveling with his special friend Mary Northrup. He passed away in March of 2009.
Scholarships associated with Clay N. Hixson Engineering Endowment